Tanning is common in summer and it is difficult to completely avoid it but here I’m going to present some easy beauty solutions you can follow at home to de-tan your skin. To save your skin from excessive damage, avoid sun exposure between 10 am to 4 pm. If there’s no choice but to step out cover the exposed area of your skin with a scarf or umbrella. No matter what the weather is like, always use a sunscreen with SPF protection before stepping out. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and have plenty of fresh fruits and vegetable.
- Apply butter milk to your body parts that have been exposed to sun. This will provide great relief to burning sensation and also lighten up the tan effect, as curd has natural bleaching properties.
- Go for a fruit or vegetable bio peel to brighten up your skin tone from within. Bleaching is a great method of lightening the tan. You may even try mild bleaches that not only removes your tan but also infuse brightness in to your face. Also read summer skincare routine.
- A super easy home remedy to remove sun tan is to scrub your face with a scrub pack. To prepare this pack, mix a tsp of oatmeal, some orange pulp and poppy seeds. Mix them together to make a thick paste, apply it all over your face and neck and leave it till it semi-dries. Scrub it with your fingers before washing it off. The orange extract will brighten your skin tone and the milk will add instant glow to it. You may apply this scrub pack everyday to get faster results.
- Another remedy for tanning is a face pack prepared by mixing two ripe strawberries and a teaspoon of fresh honey. Smash the strawberries and mix it well, apply mixture all over your face, leave it on till it dries and then rinse it off. Strawberry is a perfect tan removal agent while honey helps soothe the skin.
- Waxing is another great way to remove the dead layer of the skin. There are different types of body waxes(aloe Vera, chocolate etc.) that are known to reduce tan effect on your skin.
QUICK TIPS TO DE-TAN
- Organic sesame oil is a great natural sunscreen.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, which prevents the skin from tanning and sunburn.
- Grated potato takes off the tan very efficiently.
- papaya is an excellent natural exfoliator.