Well-baked cupcakes are already mouth-watering even when you just imagine it. When a cupcake is topped with cream, icing, or chocolate, its deliciousness jumps over a hundred fold. Now, imagine that you’re taking the first bite on a perfect cupcake then suddenly, right after your teeth sunk into that soft bun, you tasted something sweet and exciting that was hidden in the middle. Would that make you experience heaven? I’m sure it will.
The jam surprise adds more flavors to the cupcakes which are expected to be sweet and creamy. Here in this recipe we use blueberry jam to add that extra flavor. I personally like the combination of orange and blueberry. Give a try to this recipe and make your guest crazy this summer.
1 Cup – flour (maida)
1 tsp – baking powder
1/2 tsp – soda bi- carbonate
60 gm – salted butter
1/2 cup – powdered sugar
2 tbsp – orange rind
1/2 cup – milk
1/2 cup – orange squash
1/2 cup -blueberry jam
* Seive the floor, baking powder and soda bi carbonate.
* Beat butter , orange rind and sugar till light and fluffy. Add half of the flour and half of the milk. Mix well and add remaining milk and flour. Beat till fluffy.
* Add orange sqaush and mix. Add 2-3 tbsp more milk if required to get a soft dropping consistency.
* Line a muffin (tray) with greased paper cups.Spoon mixture into them filling them 3/4 only. Bake at 180 C for 15 minutes.
* Spoon 1tbsp blueberry jam into each muffin making a slight cut with a knife. Place the tray back into the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes at 180 C till done.