In the evening, all you want to sit back, get relaxed and have a cup of tea. Also at the same time you and your kids want to eat something but after a long tiring day you don’t want to cook anything. So here is a simple Cherry Almond Loaf recipe which you can bake in your leisure time and enjoy whenever you want.
Maida – 1 cup (100 gm)
Oil – 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar – 3/4 cup
Egg – 2
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Glace Cherries – 1/2 cup ( cut into round slices)
Almonds – 1/2 cup ( chopped roughly)
Sweet Almond Essence – 2-3 drops
- Grease and dust with Maida, an 8″x4″loaf tin.
- Preheat oven to 1500
- Sieve floor and baking powder and keep aside in a shallow bowl.
- Keeping aside a few almond and cherries for the top, lightly mix the chopped fruits (almond and cherries) with sieved floor.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a pan till frothy.
- Add oil gradually and keep beating all the time.
- Add the floor to the egg batter. Beat well.
- Add essence and mix well. The batter is quite thick but it should be such that you can spoon it out.
- Put into the prepared tin. Sprinkle the chopped fruit on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 1500C for 1 hour.
- When cake is done remove from oven. Let it cool for 10 minutes and then remove from the tin.