Kulfi is traditional Indian ice cream that everyone relish during summer season. Whenever my mom made kulfi at home I become a small child again, enjoy kulfi like a child and does not share it with anyone.
I think this cold desert of india find place in every Indians heart. As summer arrives everyone of us automatically get attracted towards kulfiwala’s or the famous kulfi stalls in our city. If you are also a kulfi lover then try this quick and easy homemade recipe of kulfi at home and I guarantee you’ll love it’s lip smacking taste.
- Milk – 2litre
- Condensed milk – 1 can
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Sugar – 4tbsp
- Cardamom powder – (8-10) pods
- Nutmeg powder – half of cardamom powder
- Dry fruits (I used almond and pistachios, u can also add cashew nuts and others of your choice )
- Take milk in a thick bottomed pan and place it on fire, add condensed milk, milk powder and mix all together.
- When all the ingredients are mixed together you need to raise the heat to medium to bring the milk at boiling point.
- When the milk comes to boiling point turn down the heat and allow the milk to cook for 20-30 minutes. Stir the milk in between to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- As the milk continues to thick add sugar. After the sugar dissolves in milk then pour a mixture (Take cardamom powder and nutmeg powder in a bowl mix them properly and then add a ladle full of boiled milk into this mixture and mix it up together to avoid lumps )
- Allow milk to cool down. Once the milk cools down, add chopped dry fruits and pour it in kulfi moulds and freeze till set.(it’ll take 6-8 hours to set properly )
- After 8 hours take it out from moulds and serve it after garnishing with pistachios, dry rose petals and almonds.