One of the best thing about summer is mangoes. It is a well-liked fruit and hence it is also known as the ‘King of fruits’. Mangoes are rich in nutrients. It is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It also contains traces of magnesium, manganese, selenium, calcium, iron, and phosphorus which are very important for our body. It is high in energy. There are so many ways to eat mangoes. From yummy drinks to delicious mains and deserts, a daily dose of mango can pep you like nothing else. Here I’m sharing some yummy drinks recipe with you try and enjoy the mango season… 😉
MANGO PANNA COTTA
Mango – 1 medium
Fresh cream – 1/2 cup (50 ml)
Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 3 drops
Gelatin – 1 tsp
- Take gelatin in a bowl, add a little water and dissolve it completely; set aside.
- Blend the mango with some sugar to make puree.
- Add half of the gelatin mix into the above mix and puree again.
- Pour the above into small moulds and refrigerate them until they set.
- Now heat the milk, cream and sugar in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Take it off the heat, add vanilla essence and the remaining gelatin.
- Pour the mixture over the mango layer and let it set in the fridge.
- Take it out of the mould and serve.
MANGO MILK SHAKE
Fresh mango – 1
Sugar – 2-3 tbsp
Milk – 2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Wash peel and cut the mango into small pieces.
- Transfer the pieces into a blender jar.
- Add sugar, milk and vanilla essence to it and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Pour the milkshake into serving glasses.
- Add ice and serve chilled.
RAW MANGO SORBET
Fresh mango -1
Raw mango – 1 (pulped)
Jaggery -2 tbsp
Mint paste – 1 tbsp
Lovage seeds (ajwain) – 1 tsp
Black pepper – 2 tsp
Black salt – 1 tsp
- Wash and cut the mangoes into small pieces.
- Blend the mango pieces into fine paste by adding to it a little water, jaggery, mint paste and lovage seeds.
- Strain the juice, add black pepper and black salt and serve chilled.