Hey everyone.. 🙂
Holi is almost here and like me u all are also excited for this beautiful festival of colors. Bright colors, water baloons, lavish gujiyas, melodious songs are few ingredients of a perfect holi. I love playing holi but I hate the side effects of playing holi ( rashes on skin, breakouts on face and dull hair )
Dry and wet colours can cause hypersensitivity, allergies and roughness because of added metals. These can coat the hair and abrade the skin. Some common problems include itching, redness and fungal infection. The eyes too can get infected, causing conjunctivitis. So it is better to prepare your skin and hair for holi. Here are few pre holi care tips that can save your skin and hair from unnecessary damage.
PRE HOLI CARE
Just a little bit of care before playing Holi is all it takes to avoid looking like a rainbow the next day.
● Oil your body before playing. You can use almond or coconut oil as they are thick in texture and will protect your skin from the strong colours lessening the damage.
● Apply a good amount of oil in the roots of your hair. Once done, make a small bun at the back of your head. For additional protection, cover your hairs with a bandana.
● Next, apply sunscreen on the exposed areas of your body as it will act as a barrier and protect your skin from any damage.
● Wear clothes that cover the maximum part of your body. Also, a layer of a good quality cream helps.
● To protect your nails, apply two coats of dark nail paint. Remove at the end of the day.
● It is best to avoid any make-up or salon treatment for a week before holi. Use a good cleanser and moisturizer regularly. Homemade packs with besan, curd and rose water help if used everyday for a week. Opt for a baby shampoo instead of a normal one and steam the hair and face before a bath. This will help keep the skin supple and smooth, and will not allow the colours to settle in.
TIPS FOR REMOVING COLOR
MUST HAVE PRODUCTS – Coconut or olive oil and soyabean or besan with milk are required to scrub off the colour.
HAIR – Massage oil lavishly on your hair. Wash it off with warm water and a mild shampoo immediately, and then apply conditioner.
SKIN – Mix together sea salt, glycerin and a few drops of essential oil, and apply this all over your skin. This pack has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Wash it off using warm water so that colours are scrubbed off. Using a cream cleanser or baby oil, gently massage on the skin and follow up with lots of moisturizer or cold cream.
Try these amazing tips and have a happy and colorful holi.. 🙂